My Meaning

Saturday, August 22, 2009

probably given a chance to loop through a particular song for the next of eternity what i would chose is 'Hotel California' by the Eagles.I have listened to this song so many times and iam still in need for more.One thing most peculiar about the song would be its meaning,the song interpretations can be done in more than one ways.
So here goes one such interpretations,its mostly my own version you are free to agree or disagree but this the way ill take the song forever.
The song is an story of a man and his journey with addiction.


On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
At first the mans life is like a desert with problems but
a happy life.suddenly he realizes a world apart a world
addiction.here colitas is a desert flower which is used as a toxicant

Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light

"shimmering light"the world of addiction is fun?

My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
The first signs of 'Kick'.
lemme try it once.

There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
this could be heaven or this could be hell
Here addiction is compared to beautiful girl

Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
Is it the candle that was lit?or some thing else?

There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the hotel california
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the hotel california
Any time of year, you can find it here
The other people already addicted speak to our friend..............

Her mind is tiffany-twisted, she got the mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends
Here addiction is compared to Bitch

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
Some intoxicate to remember good memories,and some to forget old bad memories

So I called up the captain,
please bring me my wine
He said, we havent had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine
Realizing he has to quit addiction he turns to god.captain,wine and spirit all references to god.But soon realizes God cant help him


And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the hotel california
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They livin it up at the hotel california
What a nice surprise, bring your alibis
Now he is one of the gang of the addicted now talks are on about addiction.
alibis means reason,every body has a reason to stick to what they addicted to.

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
He tries to live a normal life being addicted.

And she said we are all just prisoners here, of our own device
prisoners of syringes,lighters and buds

And in the masters chambers,
They gathered for the feast
addiction is here compared to a beast

The stab it with their steely knives,
But they just cant kill the beast
you might lose your health but not addiction

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
He wants to go back to being normal be on that desert

relax, said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!
You might die but u will never leave addiction


All comments are welcome

6 hmmmm's????:

pappu said...

nice.. u had given me this meanin earlier.. it fits in so well!!

djd said...

yea and who is this pappu?pramod?

nevermind said...

thanks dude, this is the first time it's been so clear.

Niki Nachappa said...

Djd, ever tried to expand the scope of ur own interpretation?The addiction isnt necessarily to intoxicants. "Success" in layman terms is also one such."god" is another (which is why the satanic tags to the song).
So in a way yes i disagree,(its maybe a VTU appeal to like this song), but to me it speaks of things where wht we seek, we realise, isnt what we want afterall. And u cant always go back.

Anonymous said...

err....were you high?? cool! :P :D

Nyc! :P

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP